Recruitment in progress
Your city and your health are more connected than you think.
Saskatoon is undergoing major changes, from a rapidly expanding transit network to the development of our downtown, and vibrant pop-up plazas. How will these types of changes impact you and future generations? Are they making our city a happier and healthier place to be, and if so, for whom?
We’re looking for answers and we need your help. Your experiences in the city can provide valuable information to decision makers about how we should be designing great places for people in Saskatoon. Join our study and be part of the conversation.
I am new to the study
Join in and be part of a pan-Canadian community of people-driven data.
I am an INTERACT participant
If you participated in 2018, we want to know what’s changed! Sign in to our questionnaire portal with the email and password you used in 2018.
Why should I join?
- Choose from a selection of flexible and online participation options.
- Receive a $10 gift card for participating!
- Join a community of scientists, urban planners, public health experts, and engaged citizens with a common interest in designing healthier cities for all.
- Contribute to innovative research that will help Saskatoon and other cities make smart planning decisions to support population health for generations to come.
- By joining, you will automatically be entered to win a pair of Apple AirPods, gift cards from local Saskatoon businesses, monthly and annual transit passes and other electronics/prizes!
What will I do?
- Complete two online surveys. If you need help, or don’t have access to a computer, our team can assist you over the phone. Call us!
Share travel and physical activity data through your mobile phone or other wearable device. This part is totally optional. There’s no data plan required, and if you don’t have a smartphone, we can equip you with a device.
- Be entered to win great prizes! You will automatically be entered into a draw to win a prize.
- Keep in touch! There are three waves of data collection, once in 2018, and again in 2020 and 2022. New participants may join at any wave.
Please contact Sylvana Tu (INTERACT Saskatoon Project Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Am I eligible?
Eligible participants are:
- Aged 18 or older
- Leave their home at least once a week
- Have no plans to move out of Saskatoon in the next two years
- Take the bus regularly OR live near a proposed BRT stop
Bus Rapid Transit Saskatoona $66M investment in a 22 km Saskatoon BRT system along three major roadways. BRT is an enhanced bus system, operating on bus lanes or other transit ways to combine the flexibility of buses with the efficiency of rail. BRT is now in twenty cities in North America. A functional plan for the system was approved by City Council in April 2019.
Learn more about Saskatoon’s proposed transit network redesign.
How did participants respond in 2018?
The health questionnaire focuses on lifestyle, health, transportation habits and the perception of change in the neighbourhood. VERITAS is a map-based questionnaire which allows respondents to indicate where and with whom they do certain activities.
have heard about the BRT corridors in Saskatoon
enjoy using public transit in Saskatoon