Hey Saskatoon, let’s INTERACT!
Transit changes—including plans for Transit Network Redesign—are proposed for Saskatoon to accommodate the city’s expected growth, while making transit a more attractive option. Could these changes to the transit network shift how residents move through the city? Could they make the city a happier and healthier place to be? We’re uniting hundreds of citizens across Saskatoon to find out.
Interested in participating? Click below to find out if you’re eligible!
About the study
INTERACT is launching a five-year study to uncover how the implementation of proposed changes to Saskatoon’s Transit Network might impact physical activity, social participation, and wellbeing—and whether these impacts would be felt equally across different socioeconomic groups. This study is led by INTERACT researchers at the University of Saskatchewan, in collaboration with partners and scientists across Canada.
The study is currently recruiting a cohort of adults in Saskatoon to help us learn how the proposed enhanced bus system would influence your activity, well-being, and social interactions. Participating is a rare opportunity to contribute to innovative research that will guide and inspire the design of healthier cities for all Canadians.
What are the benefits?
- Join a national community of scientists, urban planners, public health experts, and engaged citizens with a common interest in designing of healthier cities for all.
- Receive gift cards and entries into prize draws worth up to $900 for participation.
- Contribute to innovative research that will help Saskatoon and other cities make smart planning decisions to support population health for generations to come.
- Participate through the ease of your computer and mobile phone, or with devices we provide.
What will I do?
As a participant in the study beginning in the fall, you will be invited to:
- Complete two online surveys
- Collect sensor and locational data through a mobile phone app or wearable device. Data collection will take place three times over five years, beginning in fall 2018.No smartphone or computer? No problem! Please contact our Saskatoon Project Coordinator at 306-966-2237 to discuss alternative participation options.
Please contact Margot Gough (INTERACT Saskatoon Project Coordinator) at 306-966-2237 or email@example.com.
Learn more about Saskatoon’s proposed transit network redesign.