How to apply to the INTERACT Trainee Program
Step 1: Review the INTERACT Trainee Program information, paying close attention to external funding deadlines.
Step 2: Complete the INTERACT Trainee Program Application Form. You will need to provide:
- Personal contact information.
- The name of the program and institution to which you plan to apply or at which you are currently registered.
- A statement of intent or research proposal (500 word maximum, not including references) that summarizes your research interests and/or the research problem you plan to address, study design and methods (if determined), the rationale and significance of your research, and any relevant prior experience you have in this area. Your proposal references will be added to a separate field.
- A proposed timeline of the research (max. 250 words).
- Your CV and academic transcripts in PDF.
- Two academic or professional references.
After a first review of applications by the team, potential mentors will meet with short-listed candidates to discuss how their proposed study plan aligns with INTERACT’s research. A final decision will consider the applicant’s academic performance, originality of project, fit with the INTERACT agenda and team, as well as its potential for publication. Once an application is accepted, mentors may provide support for external funding (e.g., CIHR, FRSQ).
When is the application deadline?
There is no deadline for applying to the program. Interested individuals should start the process early, including applying to external funding sources (for examples of sources, see INTERACT Trainee Program).
Questions about the Program?
Please contact the INTERACT National Research Coordinator.